|One American dollar per yard for 10 ounce acrylic .|
What a deal. If it looks brown that is because it is.
What I finally boiled it down to was two layers in the front consisting of the inner and outer apron and pleated in the back with no pleat overlapping another. That means that when hanging at rest there are three layers. but when the pleats are opened it is one layer.
|Instead of the traditional full apron I made|
a one third apron.
|The cargo pockets blend in nicely.|
|I did not get the kilt centered|
I have lost two inches in the waist and the kilt is starting to get a little lopsided when I wear it. It will soon be time for a make over. When I do I will make the cargo pockets of equal size. They were an experiment that became essential. When they are loaded down the do tend to foul the pleats somewhat.
This is a very comfortable kilt and just feels right when I wear it which is often. It is wash and wear so I'm not reluctant to wear it in the garden. Machine washable, dryer rugged and put it on. I usually touch up the pleats with a steam iron but it is not necessary.
|This belt was the original closure but it was such a pain that as a|
buckle that I changed it to slipping through the buckle ring and
fasten with Velcro. The under apron is fastened with Velcro.