Statement of Intent

This is Old Fools outlet for kilts and other unbifurcated garments for men or women. It is not for furthering cross dressing or costuming. It is for the furthering of alternate apparel for men and sometimes will discuss bifurcated (trousers, pants, etc.) garments as well. Since women can and do wear anything they want little will be said about womens clothing. That is not to say that nothing will be said about them. If men want to dress and look like a woman that is fine with me and some do it very well. Here, however, the intent is about men that want alternate mens clothing. The Old Fool (me) is not an expert in this field but he sews, has made several kilts, modified store bought kilts and wears them. I also wear sarongs, pareu, lava lava and anything else that is comfortable and practical. Some of my kilts might be called skirts but I am comfortable with that.

Visit the Old Fools blog

So I said to the boys "hello girls".
"We're not girls" they replied.
I said "you're dressed like girls".
They immediately pointed out that I was the one wearing a skirt. I had on a kilt.
I then asked "when was the last time you saw a female in anything but pants?"
Silence.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Old Fools Kilts: What will people think? A man in a skirt? A soldier? I wonder what he wears under that?



Veteran U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Dan Nevins, who lost his legs due to an injury in Afghanistan, stands on the runway during the "Dressed To Kilt" charity fashion show in New York April 5, 2010. Proceeds from the show will benefit the Paralyzed Veterans of America, the Erskine Hospital of Scotland and the Wounded Warrior Project. (REUTERS/Lucas Jackson)

I am self conscience in a kilt or sarong. I wonder if Sgt. Dan is. This man has paid the price for freedom now it is up to me to exercise it.

My first thought was "what a practical solution for the hassle of artificial legs", then "why am I so timid" then "I wonder why the tailor did not tailor that vest around the sporran*".

I am humbled and that ain't easy to do.

*Sporran = Scottish Gaelic for purse.

1 comment:

  1. Now that guy has some strong looking legs (of steel). Would make Superman proud.

    ReplyDelete